Friday, March 8, 2013

30 30th Post: All-Star-Wars Weekend Spectacular...



Whoa. 30 posts. That's a shit-lot of words to say nothing. To clebrate, it appears that I will now join the sometimes sad, rarely rad, ranks of those who blog about fictional laser swordcraft and an invisible, all-encompassing "Force". Almost all this weekend's posts will be Star War-related. Very Biblical shit, this. Flaming swords. Forgotten Fathers. Mystical powers. Like it or lump shits about it, Star Wars was a big deal to my kid self. I guess I still love what it was. I'm not too crazy about what it became. The 2nd trilogy, Vader/Lucas parallells, Fanboy influence, blah blah.

None of that matters. Star Wars is a multi-generational part of worldwide culture now. It's in the blood. There was nothing I ever wanted more than to be a rebellious Jedi when I was little. I am sure this was a common dream. I will be messing with this common dream of cultural, chronological convenience this weekend. More tonight.

Don't sleep.

-2013 Wielgorecki

No comments:

Post a Comment